Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Well, I'll admit, I've put off starting a blog for a long time because, well, I'm not sure I have enough to talk about to keep one running, but I am going to give it a shot, in any event.

Most of the interesting things that happen in my life ensue because I share my life with four greyhounds. Yes, four, for all the incredulous people who always ask the question. We started with one, then we thought she'd like company so we got a second. A year or so later, we had an older dog here waiting for a home, and nobody wanted her. The heartstrings were tugged, and we agreed to keep her here. Later that year, we were asked if we could keep one of her daughters while the owner had sugery. She decided she couldn't take her back, and so we agreed to keep the poor homeless waif here with us. There's also the fact that my husband was completely smitten with her by that point, too. Last year, our first greyhound died, and because I enjoy doing nursing home visits and other therapy dog work, I decided to add another and the number went back to four. Call me crazy! We have agreed that the numbers will dwindle after this, but sometimes life throws you curveballs and you go with it.

There will be other amusing things to share along the way, too. Hopefully I remember to write about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook