Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Greyhound Home Wanted!

I came into the living room yesterday to find one sad looking little greyhound lying on the couch. I heard her give a little sigh. Even the promise of some nice pets didn't seem to do much to lift her spirits. It was a bit unlike my usual happy go lucky little puppy girl. I began to be suspicious. I looked her over and so no injuries. Her little forehead didn't feel hot. Curiosity got the better of me.


Me: Bunny, what's the matter?


Bunny: I was just looking at the Quad Cities website when you left the computer on.


Me: And what did you see?


Bunny: My brother Buddha is still there. It's been almost a year since I came home and our mom and our brother Bloke, but Buddha is still there. It makes me sad to think nobody is petting him or taking him for walks to explore the world.


Me: It is sad. If we had room, I'd offer to let him come here, but we don't have the space. That and I'm afraid Hawk would have a heart attack and Lilac would pack her stuffed bunnies and leave.


Bunny: I know, but what can we do? I wish we could help him.


Me: Well, we can mention that he's been waiting a long time, and that any hound related to you must be absolutely wonderful. Maybe someone will give him a try.


Bunny: I think my tail may wag again after all. Will you pet me to make sure the theory works?


Me: Of course!

Well, here it is. Buddha is one of Bunny's littermates and from what I hear, a very handsome and sweet boy. Bunny is a tiny little thing, but I hear that Buddha is a bit bigger, although not huge. His racing name is Bank on Buddha and he was born November 10, 2006. He'll be three years old this fall. If he has any of the personality traits of our sweet Bunny girl, he will make an awesome and amazing pet. He is waiting for his home at Quad Cities Greyhound Adoption and their link is on the sidebar of the blog. We'd love to see him get a good home and maybe keep in touch with us.




2 comments:

  1. He's a very handsome guy! I love his dark grey mask!

    If I was on the other side of The Pond, I'd go see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their brother just came in yesterday! I hope they both get a shot soon!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook