Since my birthday was last Sunday, Mr. Taleteller was nice enough to take me to Chicago for the day yesterday. It was a lot of fun, even though we didn't get to take the girls. We ate at Weber Grill, did some shopping and went to the top of the Willis Building, which is the recently renamed Sears Tower. We took Flat Nigel along with us, but it wasn't the same as having the girls with us.
I was afraid that when we got back, rather late, that not only would there be a mess to clean up, but that I would get a serious case of the cold shoulder. To my surprise, we did not come home to a mess and Bunny was thrilled beyond words to see me. She leaned against me for a long time and then curled up on the couch with me. There's really nothing like coming home!
I count myself lucky every time I come through the door. Not only do I still have a job that I mostly enjoy doing, I have the best things in the world to come home to. While I'm very thankful to Mr. Taleteller for taking me on the trip, I'm also grateful to the girls for making it wonderful to come home!
We were recently awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Bud and Ginger and Dexter and Nora. The rules of the award state that we must thank those who gave it to us, so thanks Bud, Ginger, Dexter and Nora! It also says that we need to tell seven things about ourselves and then list seven others to receive the award. Since Bunny's answers to these things are always better than mine, I'm letting her take over from here.
Bunny here with my list of seven things about me!
1. I like sleeping in in the morning, the later the better! I will get up if I have to, but don't count on me to be the alarm clock. That's Lilac's job!
2. I can't resist kids, especially little girls. They are just the right height to pet me and they never seem to get tired of it. Plus, they always fuss over me a lot while they're petting me.
3. I love to run at the dog park. Mom even says I show off a little sometimes when we go there. But I don't run much in the house unless I get a really bad case of cabin fever.
4. I like to pretend I'm going to sleep in Blueberry's bed at night when Dad calls us to bed. It drives Dad and Blueberry crazy! Blue insists on having her spot and Dad likes Blue to be happy. I hold out for a little while and then I hop up on the bed with Mom and Dad.
5. I once caught a baby robin in my mouth, but I let it go. Mom yelled "Drop it" three times, and I did it every time until it got up on the fence and landed outside the pen.
6. I enjoy sharing the big dog bed with Lilac when she'll let me. Sometimes she will share it with me, and sometimes she gets up and leaves when I lay beside her. I try to be careful with her and let her have what she wants.
7. Nothing makes me happier than all of us going on an adventure for the day together. I know Lilac doesn't like riding in the van so much, but I like it when she goes with us and we get to sniff around at the dog park and all spend time together.
Now, we'd like to pass this along to some other bloggers. If you don't like to participate in awards, that's okay. There's no pressure. It's all in fun! We're also supposed to tell them that they got an award. I tried to remember who I'd seen get this award already, but I'm sure I missed some somewhere. We're sorry if you already got it!
1. Being Ladybug
2. Who's Driving?
4. Greyt Days
5. The Adventures of Cloud the Wonder Dog
6. Dennis' Diary of Destruction
7. Multum In Parvo... With A Cinnabon Tail
Whew! That was a lot of thinking! I think I'm going to need a nap after all that. Hopefully you'll have fun visiting them if you haven't already!
And yes, we're participating in the blog hop this weekend. It's been a lot of fun and we've seen some great new blogs because of it! We're glad they decided to start this.