Followers

Friday, March 5, 2010

School Daze

Hello, Hounds and Humans!  Bunny here, writing about my big trip to school with Mom.  It was a very exciting and tiring day! 
It started as soon as I woke up.  Dad swapped my collars and I wondered what was up, but I figured it had something to do with that Jackson fellow.  Fortunately, it did not!  The morning went on like normal until it was time for Mom to go to work.  Dad put my harness on and then my coat.  Oh, I did a little tap dance of joy in the kitchen!  Mom started getting her stuff and my pink bag and then Dad snuck me out the back door before any of the other hounds caught on to what was happening.  Mom even had a couple of my toys packed in the bag for me since I haven't been able to play with them all week.

We got to school, went inside and got settled.  I walked around the room and did a sniff patrol.  I found the rabbit cage very interesting, but the rest of the room wasn't that exciting. 

Well, it wasn't that exciting until the kids started showing up.  They were all glad to see me!  I wagged my tail a little in greeting and gave a lot of them a good get-to-know-you sniff.  As soon as everyone was there and settled, I got to be off my leash for a little while.  They wanted to know a lot of things about me.  Why are my legs so long?  Why is my chest so deep?  Why do I have sharp teeth?  What did I have for breakfast?  They found out that they could hear and feel my heartbeat and they all spent a lot of time examining that.  One boy laid on the floor under me like a mechanic to examine my tummy.  Some of them drew pictures of me or for me and Mom says I can put them on the refrigerator.  I listened to some of them read some stories about dinosaurs and dogs and I liked the dog stories better!  They saw me do some of my tricks and gave me a few treats.  I put on my coat so they could see what it looks like when I wear it.  They got out my travel bowl and got me a drink of water.  I have to say, those kids sure know how to treat royalty like myself!  Lots of people from the school showed up to see me.

We also took Twinkie's book with us to read to the class.  They really liked the book, although they were trying to understand what she would do without her leg.  They liked that she gets in trouble sometimes, just like they do, and they loved the pictures of Twinkie on her horse.  I have a feeling some of them will be looking at that book a lot next week!

All too soon it was time for music and that meant time for me to go.  I wagged my tail and headed home with Dad.  When we arrived home, that crazy Jackson was jumping around and trying to get me to play!   Hmph!  I think he ought to try going to school for the morning.  I let him know that I needed a nap!

I am excited that I will get to go back next week, too!  I get to be a model so they can draw pictures of me.  I can't wait!  For my fan from class, I apologize that I moved my head when the picture of us was taken.  I will try to hold still so we can pose together when I come back next week!
Blueberry Types for the Blog

21 comments:

  1. I think woo will have made Twinkie's day/week/month!

    Thanks fur your pawesome work!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally awesome that you went to see your fans - wow! Bunny, you must be such a great dog to have interacted so nicely with all of those kids. I bet you've given them a memory they'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great experience. You're such a socialize dog. Those kids are sure to love you a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bunny, that sounds like a great trip to school.
    What an adventure - we have never been to school!!
    We liked the idea of sniffing bunnies......
    What fun you could have had if your mom had let the bunny out to play for a little while.
    Those children sound very nosy.......we are not sure we would have wanted them to get so close as to listen to our heartbeat!
    Well we basset have 'boundary' issues - we can see you are much more laid back than us.
    As for being a model - how very cool.
    Just think Bunny you could end up a famous painting one day.
    We think it is very good that you have educated those children about what we dogs need. We think more dogs should go to school but we realise it has to be special dogs like you - who are good and patient!
    love and kisses
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you can get a permanent job. Seems like you taught those youngsters many important things.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunny-

    It seemed like you had fun at school!


    Lu-Lu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks like a grand time! We love kids too - but sometimes we get a little too excited and jump on them to lick their faces.

    Pugs & kisses,

    Yoda & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very good dog ambassador!! It is important to make sure kids have good experiences with dogs like youself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunny - That's a wonderful story and it was a great experience for the kids, especially ones who don't know dogs very well. Thanks for being such a great representative of dogs everywhere! Now, I need to go find out about Twinkie's Book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bunny Twinkie is going to go all cracker dawg crazy when she finds out!! You did a super job of teaching the little two leggers. Demand full financial compensation... OH mm change financial to SNACKS... I'm giving you 87 Gold Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful is this! Sounds like a wonderful day for Bunny and the children at school. I have brought many greyhounds into schools for children to meet and learn about. It has always been a wonderful experience!

    Just wonderful that you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bunny!! That sounds like a most terrific day!!! It must have been such fun! Please post some pictures of the kids artwork of you!!

    Have a pawsome weekend!
    Woofs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woof! Woof! What an awesome FUN adventure you had. Can't wait to hear more ... next week and see all the drawings. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bunny! This is my first time posting to your bloggie. So, hi! Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I think it's an awfully good thing you did with those little humans. And it sounds like they asked the bestest questions. I think you look like a supermodel so you will be a Most Great subject for them to draw. I can't wait to see their pictures!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't human pups the best? I love them myself. What a treat to get away from Jackson for a day, huh? Too bad you couldn't get away from me too BOL Looking forward to your next trip
    Twink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! It sounds like they really loved you and spoiled you rotten. That, of course, is how it should be!

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun day Bunny. human pups, staying with the Mama....I sure hope you were paid well!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bunny

    What a great day you had at the school and how good you were with all the children!

    We were very impressed!

    take care
    Clive and the NSLM

    - many thanks to your Mom for her very kind comments last night - we very much appreciated them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh sweetest love bunny
    you are such a good girl
    i bet all the little humans fell in deepest love wiff your prettyness
    pibble sugars
    the houston pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow how very cool Bunny!!! They must really love having you come!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ... and you're a model, you know what I mean, you do your little turn on the catwalk, on the ... ummm, dogwalk, on the dogwalk, yeah ...

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook