Followers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Soggy Saturday Shopping And Strolling

Bunny here, writing about my adventures from this morning.

Generally, I feel that Saturday mornings are for sleeping in.  I noticed this morning, though, that Mom got up pretty early for a Saturday and started getting ready to go somewhere.  I decided to sleep with one eye open and just watch to see if something might be up that involved me.

Sure enough, after she got ready, she got out her backpack and put a few things in it.  Then she put on my name collar and my harness.  I was tap dancing on the floor with excitement.  Blueberry wanted to go, too, but Dad told her she had to stay home with him.  My little tail was wagging as Mom took me out the door and we got in the car. 

I wondered where we could be going.  I like trips to the dog park, but they aren't much fun without Blue.  Curiosity was getting the better of me, but it looked like a long trip, so I laid down and took a nap.  The next thing I knew, Mom said we had arrived.  I looked around and saw a puppy getting out of another car.  It was starting to rain just a tiny bit, but it was mostly fine mist.  We got out of the car and it turns out we were going to the first riverfront farmer's market of the year.  There were lots of other dogs walking around and fascinating things to sniff.  I especially liked the strawberries at one booth and Mom bought some.  I hope she plans to share!  Lots of people stopped to pet me, too!


After we bought some things, we decided to take a walk along the riverfront trail.  It's made for walking and bike riding and is really beautiful.  I thought I'd share some of the sights with you.

As we walked, it started raining harder.  Bless Mom for always being prepared.  She had my raincoat in her backpack and she stopped to put it on me.  That was a definite improvement.  We took some pictures of some of Preston Jackson's sculptures.  He's a local artist who does some really cool artwork. 




We also stopped at the Gateway Fountain.   Most days, there are people playing in the fountains, but the rain had most people staying away today.  Mom says she was there on Thursday with her class for an end of the year field trip and they all got very wet playing in there.  She also said that she used to take Treat there and that one day when it's nice and warm, she'll take me to play in the fountain, too.

Next, we walked down on the parking dock.  There are lots of restaurants and other events down there, so often people park their boats and walk up to enjoy things.  Today it was pretty deserted. 

There's also a paddleboat that takes people on tours up the river that docks there.  It's a pretty neat boat.  I wanted to ask if they take greyhounds on tours, but Mom said we weren't pressing our luck today and we didn't have time.  We also saw the Veteran's Memorial and that was the last part that we walked to today.


As if all that weren't exciting enough, we also went to the Fine Arts Fair in another part of town.  It wasn't too crowded, so we walked around and looked.  Lots of people asked to take my picture and pet me.  Of course I let them.  We didn't get any pictures there because we were getting talked to so much and it was raining pretty hard, so Mom had to keep a tight hold on her umbrella.  She stopped a booth where a woman makes jewelery that Mom has a few pieces of and she was talking to Mom about me a lot.  People kept  coming by to pet me and talk to me.  Finally, I couldn't take it and I just laid down on the rug she had in her tent.  Mom promised we'd go home soon after that and we did.  I laid down in the back seat and rested all the way home. 

I thought Dad might have to carry me inside, but I made it in on my own.  I was very thankful for that raincoat today.  Now that I've told you all about my adventure, I'm going to take a nice, long nap!  I hope you all have a great Saturday!  We're also participating in the Blog Hop, so we hope to find a few new blogs!







Blueberry Types for the Blog
Bookmark and Share

27 comments:

  1. Wow, Miss Bunny, you sure are a very cultured dog to go to the Farmer's Market, see some artwork, and go to a craft show all in one day! You are so lucky that your mom is always prepared and I wish you would give a few pointers to my mom because she's tortured me enough with walks in the rain (without an umbrella, I might add) and she even can't figure out where to find a winter coat for me that fits perfectly. Soooo....please tell her where you found that extra pretty raincoat of yours and PLEASE tell me where she can buy a "Bunny" collar like yours because I want to copy you very, very badly! You have such fashion sense and I hope to get more fashion tips from you in the future!
    XOXO, Daisy the Coonhound
    P.S. If you write to my mom you can e-mail her at mISSkiTTY32504ATYahOo.cOM or just swing by my birthday party blog post and leave a comment there! Thanks soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny, you had such an adventurous morning! No wonder you got tired. The market looked like it had so many things to sniff and see!

    That river is HUGE! I think a paddleboat ride would have been fun - but better on a dry day.

    Enjoy your snooze. Looking forward to your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...It's me again...I read that you liked the dog charms that I passed out to my dog park friends for my 2nd birthday....they were handmade by my pawrents via www.shrinkydinks.com and if you have a kit and a toaster oven you can make some today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just dropping by during blog-hop.

    Bunny, you looks soooooo beautiful in your pink raincoat. I am so jealous (pink is my signature color, ya know)

    ((Hugs)) MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even through the rain you had a great day, Bunny! I think Farmer's Markets are wonderful, though I still have to go to one this year. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello most stylish Princess Bunny. You work that pink raincoat girl! I hope life is treating you well.
    xxxx Major

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope you had a great nap!! That was a very busy morning!!!

    Smileys and Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunny-

    Glad your mom had your raincoat. Getting wet is no fun at all!!

    Lu-Lu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunny, you are so lucky to have gone on such a great adventure. Your pink coat is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We loved reading about your adventures today. My, you were busy! The pictures are awesome. You go to such interesting places! Get some good rest now.

    Larry and Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunny what a wagging morning, no wonder you're tired. Liking the looksee of your farmers market. And you in your pink raincoat. Styling. Thats a fab place, your river looks way wider than mine though we have that same sort of fountain that all the little squids like to play in. The blue cut out sculptures are cool too. Yep. You are one lucky Bunny!

    Wiry wags Eric xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great morning you had Bunny! No wonder you were ready for a nap!

    take care
    Clive and the NSLM

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was one A+ outing Miss Bunny. I am sure you made a lot of people happy when they petted you.
    It must be raining all over the entire world today. My rain thingy says that we have gotten 2 full inches in 7 hours and it is STILL coming down.
    PeeS my mom says your students would love those shrinky dink things. They are really fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to label that big blue thing "TARDIS art".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bunny - what a nice adventure you had on a Saturday morning. Farmer's Market's are great! P.S. you are very glamourous in your rain coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many S's!

    Thanks fur sharing them!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Bunny!
    Sure you had a pawesome time with your mom visiting all those places!
    Sorry about the rain but glad your mom was prepared with your raincoat!
    I understand you were so tired when you came home!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bunny, you are so very stylish in your pretty pink raincoat.
    Quite the doggie about town.
    How cool that you got to go to a Farmer's market - we have those where we live but Martha would be too scared to visit!!
    Your rest up after your adventure.
    love
    martha and bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - what a busy day. We bet you did just crash.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great day, Bunny! Thanks for showing us all those sights... Love the raincoat - you should be a fashion model!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Bunny,

    Thanks for dropping by... you look good in the pink raincoat, that was a great outing at the market. Looking forward to read your adventures.

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved seeing those pictures of your city. We love Farmers Markets and the one by us just started this week. You do look quite dashing in your raincoat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so furry lovely in your pink rainwear, Bunny. Our momma ♥s pink furry mucho and she thought that you were really stylin'☺

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there, my tall friend. I am thinking that a raincoat is what I need to have when Gramma puts all us dogs in the bath tub. It just ruins my day! She wipes out all th cool smelly stuff I have managed roll around in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woof! Woof! You get to go to the farmers market. Unfortunately ours does not allowed dogs. LOVE your raincoat. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a super terrific, wonderful, exciting, busy day you had! I'm glad your mom remembered your raincoat. You look like such a supermodel in it! I most especially luved the picture of you in front of that fountain. It was like you were a work of art yourself!

    Wiggles & WAgs,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bunny, I think you looked like a real work of art. So regal and lovely! Glad you had a great time.

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook