This week we were given two awards, and I thought we'd pass them along before I forget who gave them to us or what the rules are. Hopefully you'll find some new blogs to read in the process. I know that they have given me a lot of smiles since I've begun reading all of them.
Our first award was from Cooper and Lola. I was really honored by what she had to say about our blog. A big thank you to them for the Inspiring Blogger Award.
First is Romping and Rolling in the Rockies. Not only does KB take some of the most amazing pictures that I've seen, she has an amazing spirit. Every time I read her blog I'm inspired to go out and do something with my dogs. The way she deals with overcoming chronic pain definitely makes me take stock and realize that I am very blessed in my life. Not only that, her dog, K is overcoming a difficult bone infection. K and R are two of the most gorgeous and well photographed Labrador Retrievers that you will ever see.
Second is The Shenanigans of Shawnee the Shepherd. Shawnee and her mom go on some of the most amazing hikes. I find myself in total awe of the places they get to go. When we added Morgan to our pack, we realized that our lifestyle was going to have to get more active. Adding hiking to our weekends has been great for us and the dogs. We're not sure we'll ever be the hikers that Shawnee and her mom are, but they definitely inspire us to get out there and see the world around us.
Third is Wilf the PON Discovers France. They live in a small village in France and Wilf is enjoying the end of his life after his brother passed away last year and being recently diagnosed with cancer. What inspires me about this blog is the wonderful descriptions of life in their small village. I feel like I know the cast of characters they often meet on a day to day basis. I'm also inspired by Wilf's gentle wisdom. I'm not going to lie, I will cry like a baby the day I read that Wilf is with Angus and the Font no more, just like if he were my own dog. I just love everything about their blog, the quiet comfort of life in their rural village, the love that's obvious for a sweet little sheepdog and the subtle humor.
1. I actually started this blog while I was dabbling in other short story and poetry writing because I wanted to try a new style of writing besides what I was doing. I never, ever dreamed that other people besides a few of my friends would read it. Then the blog took on a life of its own and now I rarely write things that aren't for the blog.
2. Writing the blog lead me to a volunteer job I do as copy editor for Celebrating Greyhounds Magazine and a few articles that I've written for them in the past year. That was also something I never expected! I got a t-shirt from the magazine, a free subscription and bragging rights!
3. I am a voracious reader and I think the nook by Barnes and Noble is the greatest invention since sliced bread. For those who are asking what a nook is, it's an electronic reader. If I want a book I can purchase it and read it from anywhere in a matter of seconds. Since I live out in the middle of the corn field, it's very handy to have. I am always curious about what other people are reading!
4. I once jumped off a twenty foot cliff in Colorado with my sister while we were on a canoing trip. I am an incurable daredevil, it seems. One day, I hope that if I'm sitting in a nursing home that I have enough interesting stories to keep people entertained for the rest of my stay here on this mortal coil.
5. I love gadgets. There, I said it! Mr. Taleteller often gives me grief about this, but I am my father's daughter when it comes to electronic toys. I don't know what it is about them, but they fascinate me.
Alright, enough about me! Now it's time to pick five stylish bloggers to share the award with. That's a tall order, because there are lots of bloggers we know with style and panache, but we finally narrowed it down.
Dennis' Diary of Destruction -- We know he's on hiatus right now, but when his dada gets done writing that book of his, we'll be happy to see the Sunday Awards and Memes Show start off with some awards. He wears the most stylish hats ever, so he deserves an award for that!
Winnie's Dog Blog -- Winnie is a Greyhound and she looks similar to Bunny. That alone makes her stylish in our book. She's also a bit newer to the blogging world and would love to make more friends, so stop in and say hi!
Cult of the Greyhound -- The funniest Greyhound pictures around! They do everything with their own sense of style and we salute them.
The Adventures of Anna the GSD -- Anna's a German Shepherd diva! She always has stylish collars and backpacks. We look to her for how a well-dressed Shepherd should live.
It's A Greyt Day -- I love this blog. The pictures will make you want to go out and try to get some of your own dogs, but I don't think I'll ever be as good at catching a shot as she is. Not only that, but she has the gift of giving you a great smile or laugh with just a few words.
I hope you'll check out all the blogs that we have links to today. They certainly make me smile or think every day!