Followers

Friday, October 1, 2010

It Was A Good Idea...For Me To Poop On!

I had a rough day at work on Tuesday.  I was injured by a student, not seriously, but what happened bothered me and my arm was stinging a bit most of the night.  When I got home, I was tired and a bit drained, but I had things I wanted to do since we're having company next week before Bunny and I head off on our adventure to the beach.

Mr. Taleteller decided to make a run to Lowe's for something we needed for one of our little house improvement projects before our company arrives.  He decided to take Morgan so I could enjoy the peace and quiet in the house for a bit and unwind.  When he came back in the house after taking Morgan out to the van, three tap dancing Greyhounds greeted him at the back door batting their doe eyes at him and so he ended up taking all of them, even Lilac, on his errand. 

No doubt Lilac was outraged when she realized it was a trick and she was not being taken out for an extra trip to the turn out pen.  She is not fond of riding in the van.  I can't begin to explain what an understatement that is.  Nevertheless, she was whisked into the van and they all departed.  Occasionally, she does forget herself and enjoy one of these all inclusive family outings.

A short time after they left, I heard from Mr. Taleteller.  He was less than amused.  I am going to admit to you all here and now that I, however, was highly amused.

Mr. Taleteller:  Lilac and Bunny both pooped.

Me:  You mean out in the pen?

Mr. Taleteller:  No.

Me:  You don't mean...

Mr. Taleteller:  In the van!  Oh, it stinks!!!

Me:  Oh, (hoping he doesn't hear my laughter) that's terrible!  They were just out in the pen not that long ago!

Mr. Taleteller:  Obviously not long enough!

Me:  Oh, obviously!

Not long after this exchange, I was surprised to see them back home already.  Bunny pranced in and wagged her tail at me.  I walked up the stairs from the laundry room.  Finally, Mr. Taleteller and Morgan came in following the hounds. 

Me:  That was a quick trip!

Mr. Taleteller:  We didn't get there!  I cleaned out the van, but I couldn't take the stink!  I'll go down there later.

Me:  Oh, of course!

I sat down on the couch and Bunny leaped up beside me and sat gazing into my eyes. 

Me:  Bunny, I can't believe you'd do such a thing!

Bunny:  It was horrible!  He tricked me and I was going down the road without you!  I tried to get him to go back for you, but he didn't.  A hound's gotta do what a hound's gotta do!

Lilac: (piping up from her cushy spot on the dog bed)  He tricked me!  I thought it was one of those mandatory family outings and then you weren't in there!  I let him know what I thought of things!  I'd have pooped in his shoe if I could have.

Me:  Well, girls, I can't fault your loyalties!

The rest of the night, Bunny laid curled up as close to me on the couch as she could get.  I actually have a strong feeling that she really didn't want to go and leave me behind, even though I go to work every morning and leave her here.  At least we have three weeks together now to spend together before I have to start going back to work.  I am not happy that they decided to take drastic measures in the van, but I can't deny that I needed a good laugh that night nor that it was nice to feel like the girls loved me enough to be upset I'd been left behind!

Blueberry Types for the Blog
Bookmark and Share

32 comments:

  1. Woo are SOOOOOOO lukhky not to be heading this way NOW -

    We'll our best to get the rain and wind OUT OF HERE fur woo!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Bunny is such a sweetie! If I leave the dogs in the car while I go to get something, I always come back to Barbie in the driver's seat. I think she sits up there so that she can see me better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the incident at your work.

    Think if Song did that in my dad's car, it would be the last time she went in it:)

    Loving the photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two faithful girls!!!

    What a trick to get back to their dearest momma!!!

    Poor Mr Taleteller had to do the clean up : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such loyalty... i would have given them big treats... hahhahahahhaa.. your girls surely think on their toes.. when there's an emergency.. and one of the family is left out :) highly commendable. Hope your injury is nothing serious. Take care ya!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwhahahahahahahahaha...oh my bad, I didn't means to laugh dat loudly...ahem...okays dat was just horribles of an incident. I can't believes they pooped in da van;)
    I hopes you arm gets betters real soon.

    Puddles...LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well there is leaving and there is leaving and a trip in the scary van without mom qualifies for a poopy kind of experience. I hate Master's van. Maybe I will try pooping in it next time. Hehehe.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really funny Mrs. Taleteller. It's more like.

    Lilac: Mom didn't leave me out long enough. He is driving, he'll ever know. He does call me old lady. I'm the Mistress of Stealth.

    Bunny: You go Old La...Stealthy. Let's see you in action.

    Lilac: Okay, here goes.
    Bunny: If you can do it, I can do it. We'll blame Morgan.

    Blueberry: Uh, girls...
    Bunny: Done, told you I could do it. Morgan! bad girl.

    Blueberry: Morgans in the crate. I have never had a accident so don't even think about it.

    Lilac,Bunny: ohh, (discussing with each other) Dad, we want MOM! Take us home.

    Morgan: What a circus. SQUIRREL, Let me out. 45mph couch potato, 65mph poopers .Just take me home.

    Mr. Taleteller.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work Bunny! I agree, a hound has to do what a hound has to do!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Mr. Taletellar(lol)
    I would have been giggling too:)
    That's what I did when Sherman peed on my husband's work boots:)

    I hope your arm feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom is still laughing at dis post! We hopes your arm is feeling better soon too. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS poops in da van....hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually couldn't quite laugh having been in Mr. Taleteller's shoes. I used to take my elderly dog to work with me. One day, I was rushing to make it to a faculty meeting. I put her in the back of our 4runner, and within a quarter mile, she pooped and lay down in it.

    Well, you can imagine that all thoughts of making it to the faculty meeting went out the window! Fortunately, a saint-like friend was at my house at the time and helped me clean my dog and my vehicle really well. I arrived in time, smelling OK, in time for my next appt. I never did tell the department chairman why I missed faculty meeting. He would NOT have understood.

    It is wonderful to be loved so completely, isn't it? Bunny is your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's definitely loyalty right there! Thanks for sharing you made me & mum giggle!
    Kodi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehehe oh wow! That was a good giggle... I'm usually so excited to be in the car, I don't care where I'm going or who I'm with!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny! Emmy has been known to leave a little gift here and there when she is upset with us. She is old, you know and her fused spine lends easy forgiveness. I am sure the girls have been forgiven by Mr. Taleteller and hopefully the van is smelling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, it was drastic, but it seems as though they felt rather strongly about the whole thing. Poor Mr. Taleteller. Just another example of "no good deed goes unpunished.", I'm afraid.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  17. My human was laughing so hard. She said something like, Been there, done that... or something similar. There's not much to say other than...oops! She also recalls steping on fresh "stuff" in the middle of the night and it squishing up between the toes. The ensuing sound she emitted woke up everyone in the house.

    He'll soon forget, ladies! It could have been worse?

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, gosh, my mom is laughing and laughing! As for me, I am in AWE of Bunny and Lilac! They are my heroes! Way to go, girls!

    Mom and dad had to take Capn Ripley to the V.E.T. a coupla weeks ago and he was REAAAAAALLLLLYYYY mad in the car. He shouted all sorts of pirate curse words and oaths and then when they didn't take him back home right away, he pooped right in the carrier. Of course, it got all over him but that was part of his evil master plan. I mean, have you ever tried to wash off an angry pirate cat?

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  19. We do have a way of getting our feelings across, don't we girls? Very effective!

    Snorts-
    Brutus & Carmen
    pee ess - we're doing a giveaway, make sure you come over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny! Some of us have done this 'cause we're old and can't help it on occasion. You guys seem really calm about it - Mom & Dad use more colorful words when the, ah, "fragrance" gets overwhelming:)
    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are sorry to hear about your incident at work - these things are always upsetting.
    Sounds like Bunny is certainly tuned in to you.
    Poor Mr Taleteller - we did laugh! Sorry Mr Taleteller - it was not a very nice thing to do but then sometimes hounds just wanna be hounds!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, that just wasn't very lady like girls. But like you said, a hound's gotta dodo what a hound's gotta dodo! And it's good to be a mama's girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, bet that gives you one of the nicest feel-good-all-over feelings:)

    Have a great weekend.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAH .. I guess now we know why Mr Taleteller seems to hang out with Morgan... The greygirls have your back..

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL! Oh, Poor Mr. Taleteller. :)

    And yes, if you see Alien or the Chicago Goat, let me know.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post title is the best! Sorry about the pooping incident though.

    ReplyDelete
  27. heehee! remind me not to evarrr get miss lilac or miss bunny upset with me! ;)
    sorry mr. taleteller had to clean up the smellage, and i hope your arm feels better really soon like!

    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Bunny,
    I don't blame Mr. for not liking that ride, next time he takes all, he should take you too!!
    Thanks for your birthday wishes!! She has had a fun filled day and she is tired!! Good tired!!
    XXOO, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  29. BOL! Those girls are so funny!
    I hope Mom is doing better now.

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're lucky ... Tucker can stink you out of the car just by farting, and he is able to do that repeatedly!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook