Followers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday Morning Sleep In

Sunday morning the alarm clock went off, I got up, used the bathroom, and then decided to curl back up in bed since it was chilly here and I didn't have to get moving for church right away.  I'm on vacation now, after all, and I ought to be able to enjoy a little bit of slacking.  Mr. Taleteller had already gotten up and let the dogs out, so I had the bedroom to myself.  I crawled back under the warm covers and curled up.

Then, I started thinking about how excited I am about going on our trip this week.  There are people and dogs there that we've met through Facebook, Greyhound forums and blogs that we'll be meeting there.  I started wondering how Bunny would behave while we're there.  Next, I started thinking about all the things I still have to do before our friend and her Greyhound arrive Tuesday night.  I have to pack for me, pack for Bunny and get the house straightened up.  Anyway, my mind was running a million miles a minute, so I really wasn't dozing off.

Mr. Taleteller came back in the bedroom a little bit later.  He said that he had a headache and was going to try to rest for a little bit.  He crawled back under the covers on his side, and I leaned over to kiss him good morning.  The next thing I knew, a tongue the size of a nice ribeye steak had smacked me in the eye.  Then, when I opened my mouth to protest, I nearly lost a tonsil.  The hairy Greyhound had decided to join us.  Upon seeing that Bunny's usual spot up between us near the pillows was vacant, Morgan plopped down, pinning me to the pillow by the shoulders as she proceeded to give me a German facial.  I heard Mr. Taleteller sputtering something about "Why do I always get the butt?" as she continued her ministrations.  After a few minutes, she was satisfied that my skin was glowing and she flopped over, then hopped up and decided to do a quick patrol.

Bunny then came sauntering into the bedroom.  She hopped up on the bed, and I lifted the quilt, so she curled up beneath it up against me.  I love that.  It's like a living heating pad against sore back muscles and she is a first class snuggler.  Just don't move, or she will suck your spot away from you.  She likes to be completely covered up, too.  Morgan came back to bed, and Mr. Taleteller scooted over towards Bunny and me and made room for Morgan on his side of the bed.  She hopped up, gazed at him for a minute with that playful look in her eye and then when he relaxed, she hopped over him and landed right on Bunny.  Bunny released her inner hellhound and told Morgan in no uncertain terms that a princess of her stature does not appreciate being pounced on while she's relaxing in bed with her mom.  So, Morgan retreated to the foot of the bed and curled up around my husband's legs, Bunny compromised and slept with her nose poking out of the quilt and we all started to relax again.

Enter Blueberry, who decided she might join us.  There was plenty of room for her on the bed.  She whined for a minute, got Morgan to jump up off the bed, walked over to sniff Mr. Taleteller for a few minutes, and then decided that stretching out on the couch by herself was more to her liking.  Morgan jumped back onto the bed, we reminded her not to walk on Bunny and all settled back in again.

Suddenly Lilac realized that we weren't out in the living room with her after she'd gotten everyone up for turn out.  She was wearing her jammies, since there's quite a chill in the air and we thought she'd sleep better and be more comfortable.  Okay, we thought she'd let us sleep more, if we kept her comfortable.  Anyhow, she barked once in the living room, then came into the bedroom to bark at us and let us know her ears were cold.  I spoke to her quietly and she came over to my side of the bed.  I loved on her for a little bit, and thought about picking her up and putting her on the bed, but I knew that would just make her mad and result in more stomping on the bed before she huffed off to the living room to bark at the fan for not being turned on.  Instead, I petted her until her ears were warm and she sauntered back to her favorite bed in the living room and drifted back off to dreamland where she no doubt made a tasty rabbit stew.

I tried to move back over after loving on Lilac, but Bunny had fallen off my hip and into my spot by then.  After trying to delude myself that I could get back into my spot and be warm and comfortable for about ten minutes, Lilac let out another bark in the living room.  So, I got up and got my clothes and headed for the shower so I could get up and keep her company. 

How on Earth did I ever manage to get by before we had dogs?

Bunny wanted to mention something this morning, too, so I am now giving the keyboard over to her.

Bunny here with a quick message.

Our friends, Bully and Nelson, are having a costume contest on their blog.  I'd love it if you voted for me, but really, just drop in and vote for the costume you think is the best!  The voting is open through Wednesday.  The pictures will give you a nice smile for Monday morning! 

Also, my friend Padfoot started a blog this weekend.  If you'd like to stop in and say hello to him, I'm sure his tail would do helicopters.  He's one nice hound!

Blueberry Types for the Blog
Bookmark and Share

24 comments:

  1. What a great way to start a day!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: I'm so drawn to the lounging on the khouch - I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess nobody told you - 3 dogs = 0 sleep. :)
    Really, with two, not so bad...it's that third one that will age you a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah! Well in our house it's two bed-dogs and a very snuggly cat who will keep you awake with her purring if you let her. She also drools if she is extra happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot. Guess there are some benefits to long haired dogs. PON pyjamas ? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't think of a better start to the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of the old saying, "A three dog night." Supposedly, it means the dogs keep you warm and you sleep better. Apparently, you can't believe everything you hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah nothing like the butt in the face to start your morning off right! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems you had a lovely Sunday morning with your wonderful threesome. How sweet they are to give you warmth and let you free comfy and safe : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep...sounds like a nice, relaxing morning. All four of us helps mom and dad relax like that, too, on the weekends! They are most grateful!

    Oh, and tell Morgan that Brudder Ranger likes to gets under the covers and then he yells at me when I step on him. How am I supposed to know he's under there in the first place? Seems kinda sneaky to me. And not my fault at all!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why does your household sound like ours? Except we have kitties that stand on our humans when they won't get up! We voted for Bunny. Good luck!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we got a third dog (a few years ago), we also got a king size bed. Whew - that made life much easier!

    What a great start to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to start the day!!!
    Doggie facials are the best thing!!!

    Good luck in the contest, we are on our way over there to vote now:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need a bigger bed!! We have a king and at one time seriously considered putting two queens together. That is when we had two big dogs and two little dogs. A St. Bernard is a big user of space! Now we have the three little dogs and the king is okay. All of them like to be under the covers and I have resigned myself to keeping an extra blanket on my side for me........ when they get through "arranging" covers I am left out in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only, I could have slept in on Sunday morning. Mama had to leave for a work related event at 6:30 on Sunday morning. I, of course, had to get up and keep her company (even though everyone else was still asleep).

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: I have to share the bed with my feline siblings, but they always manage to get the very best spots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I giggled the whole way through! Kodee tries to be fair and switch up who gets the butt! Becky thankfully is a foot-warmer sort of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bunny!!

    Here's the info on the shelter bazaar. It is going to be on Sunday, November 21st from 11-4 at the Indian Boundary Park Fieldhouse, 2500 West Lunt Street, Chicago. The field house is on the far north side of Chicago, almost in Evanston. In addition to crafts, we will have a bake sale, hot cider/coffee, and photos with Santa for kids AND dogs. It is a very fun event - not a huge sale, but always warm and festive.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much for that extra sleep:)

    Mom says this is part of why we don't get to sleep on the bed - we just don't understand this at all.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  18. So the dogs own YOU, right? Sounds good to me. I think that's funny that Lilac's ears were cold. Maybe she needs some ear muffs?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy vacation! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Dewey!! Be safe, and have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. P.S. - I'm off to cast a costume vote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My people say that I'm a bed hog, but how could little old me really take up that much room?

    We're off to meet Padfoot & vote in the contest!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  22. Frankie and I take up about as much room as 1 person in my queensized bed cos he's a snuggler in winter. Beryl takes up as much room as 2 people so she sleeps in her crate. But she gets to sleep on the bed as long as I'm not in it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am just stunned that you can get back into bed. Once I am up, every possible square inch of the bed is covered in Sibe.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook