Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Down By The River

Bunny here, writing about our Friday night adventure.

Last week it got pretty hot at our house again.  We took some nighttime walks, but they were not very pleasant for dogs or people.  Imagine my excitement when Mom and Dad started getting our things together and putting them in the van.  By the time Mom put my harness on, I was ready to tap dance on the kitchen floor.  When we went outside and it was nice and comfortable, I was even happier.

I wasn't sure where we were headed at first.  We pulled into the Petsmart parking lot and I thought "Woooo! Shopping!"  But it wasn't shopping.  Mom stayed in the van with us and Dad went in and bought a bag of dog food.  I started to get peeved.  We got loaded up in the van and we weren't even going in anyplace!  How are people going to pet me if I don't get out of the van?

Well, after that we went over to Culver's and Mom and Dad got dinner.  Morgan and Blueberry were sleeping on the back seat, so I got up to snoopervise since we were still headed somewhere.  Mom shared a few cheese curds with me and I thought things were starting to improve.  The next thing I knew, we drove over the bridge and we were stopping in the parking lot down by the river.




Blueberry and I got out with Mom and Morgan went with Dad.  Let me tell you, the Riverfront Park is a busy place on Friday night.  There were lots of people down there for all different kinds of things.  One reason is that there are currently some replica boats of the Nina and Pinta docked there that people can go on and look at.  We didn't go on because we didn't think dogs were allowed and because we didn't want to pay for it, but we did want to see them.  They have been called the most historically accurate recreations ever built.


There was a lot of other stuff going on, too.  There are a lot of restaurants and people were waiting to eat.  There are bands that play music down there, so people were waiting to get into the show.  People can take carriage rides, but I don't think they take dogs.  You can also rent Segways or two seated conveyances to ride around in for a certain amount of time.  People also like to play in the fountains, which are built just for that reason.



Another thing that people like is the trail that's built for walking along the river.  It is very scenic and relaxing.  We even saw an otter swimming down there, but I didn't have my PFD so I couldn't go after him.  Mom says we can't swim in the river now anyway, since the Asian Carp infestation.  Those fish are crazy.  We did all pose down there, though.




I have to bark, it was a wonderful Friday night walk!  I hope we get to go back.  You just never know what you'll see down there.  The best part was that there were all kinds of people just waiting to pet us!


Blueberry Types for the Blog
Bookmark and Share

24 comments:

  1. That looks like a cool ( in every sense of the word) thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great family outing... so much to see and sniff. Sun set at the river bank is so romantic.

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like a ton of fun! What a grreat place. You're lucky to have it - and to have humans who take you there. Loved your photos and the otter was so cute. But wait - there are crazy fish? See. I'm right. Water is best for drinking and looking at. Other than that, better leave it alone.

    Bunny, maybe we should form a support group. Anyway, it is good to know that one furiend is dealing with similar issues at the same time.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place for a walk. Those boats are very cool.

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny,

    That looks like a great Friday night adventure, for sure! We lives near a river but we don't have a nice park like that to go to. :(

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I just went to PetSmart and mum had to buy da most ridiculous thing EVERS!!!!!!!
    Dat is luverly excursion you all had. I wouldn't feel too bad bout not being ables to go on a carriage ride cuz I gots da feeling you could've out run da horsey...hehehehe! As long as da peoples gots to pet you I'm sure it was worth it all.
    Those boats are purty neat-o.
    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. How far is this from you? It's a beautiful area. I bet the dogs would not object if you bought them a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beautiful! What town is this in? I wonder if this could be a day trip for us - love to see those ships!

    The pictures of you near the water are just beautiful! Your mom must be a professional photographer!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: Thanks for the Twitter info and post! I am still trying to figure it outl

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great walk!!! That looked like a really cool place to hang out!!! The momma read about the carp invasion!!! Those are some ugly fishies!!! We hope they get it under control!!

    ~hugs~

    Lilo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place to visit on a cool Friday night! I've been to Chicago for a brief visit but never visited Riverfront Park so you must live in a different suburb. How fun would that be for our Miss Daisy to walk around with your pups in the park. She would go nuts because she is a hound for attention!
    Thanks for your input about the wibya bar. It certainly did slow my computer down but it doesn't seem to be causing problems for your blog at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely walk! Beautiful photos, your town looks very historic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful walkie! You go to such fantastical places!

    How did Morgan do with all the two-leggers?

    Wags,
    Zona

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello bunny its dennis the vizsla dog hay hmm wot do the asian carp do do they eet dogs??? i bet they ate that otter after yoo tuk a pikcher!!! i wil tel mama to stop trying to teetch me to swim immedyatly!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great time to me! :-)

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does always make it feel cooler when you are down by the water, doesn't it? I never would have thought the Nina & Pinta were so small! Went to see the Tall Ships that visited Cleveland this weekend, and they were huge!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool!!! A river walk & lots of pets. A nice way to spend an evening. Great pics of you all & the area.
    Tailwags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like such a great time. I really like the pictures taken of the pooches on the waterfront; they look professional!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you went to PetSmart and you didn't get to go inside! That is doggie abuse, right there, IMHO. I looooove pet smart - I want a rabbit from there. A real one, you understand.

    That river trip looks cool - too bad you couldn't swim!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent adventure, though we are confused. You said you saw an otter swimming, but Cheoah was with us all weekend. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, such great pics of a great Friday night adventure! I just knew there had to be more than just stopping at PetSmart for dog food!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful walk Bunny!! Mama was just oooing and awwing over all the great pictures!! We especially liked the ones of you guys AND the one of the otter!!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Bunny!
    Sure you had a pawesome friday night adventure!
    Lots of interesting things to see!
    I loved it!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guestbook